Sunday, March 7, 2010

REST IN PEACE "DARE"



I was on wooster today when I found out one of my favorite graffiti artists had just passed...



DARE tws was a swiss writer way ahead of the pack... even for the europeans, who are basically, most of the elite as far as I am concerned. I have been following Dare career since the first time I saw a piece of his in scribble magazine when I was like 13 or 14 years old. I always loved his style, and he was in no short supply of that. Dare will always go down as one of my favorite artists to ever hold a can. you will be missed...

here are some samples of his work along with a paragraph I stole from wooster







he Real King has left the building.
Rest In Peace Dare TWS 1968 - 2010
Sigi von Koeding or Dare as he was better known was an artist that inspired countless people over his 23 year painting career. Myself included. He was a true graffiti artist yet still managed to be experimental and left of field. I remember Mare 139 telling me how incredible Dare's new paintings were once, and coming from someone like Mare, that's high praise indeed! He was a true master of letters, the way he shaped and twisted them was truly magical and he had a talent for style that few others will ever come close to! Dare was a legend whilst he was alive and traveling the world painting his pieces with expert precision and his status as a graffiti will no doubt rise to new heights following his death.
Dare lost his battle with cancer and died in hospital in his hometown of Basel, Switzerland on the evening of March 6th 2010. He will always be remembered by his fans and friends alike and his status as the Swiss graffiti Master is now truly cemented in our culture.

As Swet wrote on his most recent painting - THE REAL KING HAS LEFT THE BUILDING"...





1 comment:

  1. Didn't know this guys pieces well, but looks wicked. Never good to hear about a man down.
    -Eloe

    ReplyDelete